Home About Me The Diagnosis HCM Facts My Favorite Posts Instagram Email Facebook Pinterest Image Map

November 19, 2009

2 FOR 1 DAY...

Hello, friends! I'm gonna make this short and sweet today. I seriously feel like I need to be admitted to CRMC and fed Sudafed through an IV for a few days! If the left side of my face does not explode I will be surprised.

I promised you 2 weeks ago today to present the kitchen to you. And because I am TWO weeks late I will show you TWO rooms today!


Standing in the dining room looking into the kitchen.....BEFORE


AFTER

BEFORE
AFTER
BEFORE
AFTER....my chalkboard door! LOVE IT!
I do still plan on distressing the cabinets. But, for now, they are DONE! And frankly, I am not ready to start that!
Yesterday, my Mom, sister, and I made a flying trip over to Altus and discovered the greatest antique store! I love, love, love everything in the store!! I have a list a mile long of all the fun stuff I plan on purchasing there over the next few months.
I have been looking everywhere for an island for the kitchen. I hated just about everything I came across. They were all just so boring! And most of them were too big for our very square space.
When I saw this island yesterday I almost hyperventilated! Just ask my sister!;) It is sooooo fun! I loaded that sucker up in my suburban and brought her home!!:) Did I mention the prices are unbelievable? Seriously! I couldn't buy a Wal-Mart island for what I paid for this!!
Not 100% sure about the yellow. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. I think once I change out the rug and the curtain with some super cute dishtowels I saw at Anthropology, I will be happy with it!!
The worst picture in the history of the world of Kenna Mae's room...BEFORE
AFTER
The lighting in these pics are terrible!
Should I spread these little butterflies out some? Or paint a few of them? Something just doesn't seem right about it!
Made these...

Painted that mirror and the little chair and recovered the cushion...
On her bedside table. The little blue bird is a night-light.
Love this built in bookshelf. Although I haven't decorated it like I want it!
This room still has a few things I am looking for starting with a huge mirror for over her dresser. I will tell you ALL about the dresser tomorrow. I have a TON of fun things to show you...and I MADE THEM ALL!! I'm so crafty lately!:)
Gotta run! It's a crazy day in Hortonville!

5 comments:

Alana said...

Don't you dare even think about changing one thing with that island...IT IS PERFECTION!!!!!! Love it!

Janet said...

I LOVE that island! I think I need a small one too....hmmm...where is that place?? The kitchen looks AMAZING! I love Kenna Mae's room too! Those are the butterflies I told you I want for Natalie's room!!!

Shelley said...

It all looks so cute and you have done even more since we were there... Cant wait for our next trip :) (Yes, I am inviting myself!!!)

kristi said...

It looiks fabulous and your new island even has a little face (the handles on the drawer). Please come put some color on my walls.

Anonymous said...

thehortongang.blogspot.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading thehortongang.blogspot.com every day.
payday loan
payday loans in canada