Home About Me The Diagnosis HCM Facts My Favorite Posts Instagram Email Facebook Pinterest Image Map

March 5, 2008

For Shelley...

Well, all is fine here in Hortonville. Sorry no pictures today. I have somehow been drug into the busyness of busy season. Jason's secretary had to be gone today so he called my sister for backup, then she called this morning and said that my mom has the virus, so no babysitter for Miss Ava. SO, here I am, working at the office. Just for today though.



I went on a cleaning spree yesterday. I COMPLETELY overhauled the playroom. It was a disaster. 8 hours later I emerged from the mess...with a backache and what felt like a training session with Steph! I have before and after pictures at home. I can't even believe I am going to allow you guys to see that room before. How embarrassing. But hey, keepin it real, right?



Kate has her first ever TAKS test today. Poor thing. She is a nervous wreck. She is a HUGE overachiever. I am so glad my friend Charla finally diagnosed her. That is exactly what she is. An overachiever. She puts a TON of undue pressure on herself to be perfect. Especially in school. Now, sports, that would be another post in itself! Anywho, she's going to do awesome. She hasn't brought home a grade lower than a 98 on her practice benchmarks. I'M not worried, she IS on the other hand. Please say a quick prayer for her nerves to subside and for her to RELAX!! I'm sure she'll come home with one of her migraines! Hopefully not...Jason has promised her dinner at China Buffet 2 tonight. NOT his favorite restaurant...and NOT very weight watcher friendly!

Case and Kenna, the almost twins, are doing great. Fighting like cats and dogs and loving each other like crazy. They really are best friends. And they'll tell you so. Little Case has a bit of pink eye( I think) and I'm sure he will ever so kindly share it with his best friend!

I am planning a big trip to Abilene this weekend to meet some friends for a day of shopping! I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I need a little "girl" time. I am leaving Aliviah, Case and Kenna here. Jason thinks they will be "just fine" at the office with him, but I have a suspicion they will end up with one of my little sisters for the day. We'll see. Kate and Kooper are especially excited. We will be meeting up with a couple of their buds from Hamilton. It should be a really fun time. And hopefully peaceful. I am needing a prescription for some peace lately! Sure do wish you could get that over-the-counter!!!

Well, the phones are getting a little crazy around! I'm going to get fired if I'm not careful!!PLEASE??

5 comments:

Fun Family Fitness said...

I loved your post. I truly understand what Kate is going through. I had a student once that was sick and wouldn't come out of the bathroom on the day of the TAKS test. I tried to calm him down...but it didn't work. So being the first year teacher I was...I asked for help from Toby....He was the football coach at the time...so he went and got me a football jersey and coached him out of the bathroom.... People that don't have kids or aren't teachers...have NO clue what that DARN TAKS test does to kids...I am proud of Jason and you for making her feel proud....About your weekend, enjoy it...I will think about you and pray that you have an enjoyable weekend of shopping...haha....I think we need to get a group together and go eat next week sometime...what do you think?......steph

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see your post today. I've been worried that you were never going to post again. Just kidding! It doesn't really make sense coming from someone that never posts! I know Kate will over achieve on her TAKS! She's awesome. As for your weekend - have fun and relax. Tell Jason if he needs help, Chris will be happy to! ha ha! Love ya - Sharon

Charla (SHar-la) said...

I'm so glad you are getting to see good friends! I always LOVE going back to College Station and seeing old friends!

Also, glad to see NO TRACE of sickness in your post! I know that is such a relief!

I agree with Steph...we should plan a trip to eat...maybe Quanah?

Nicole said...

I am there with you on the TAKS thing. Avery AND Bailey are taking it today. It's Bailey's first time. They were both a little nervous this morning. My Bailey sounds like your Kate. Same age too I guess. I have NO doubts about her doing great, but Avery I worry. She is like me, not the best test taker. So I have said many prayers for both of them today. I'll just add in Kate now. Only over an hour left. )

Shelley said...

Thanks for the post! I was beginning to wonder if you were a "slacker" blogger now :) Cant wait for the weekend. I know Kate will do GREAT! Tell her she needs to post about it so Abbey can have something to read! Eat some Chinese for me... we would meet you there for dinner if it wasnt 5 stinkin' hours away!!!