Home About Me The Diagnosis HCM Facts My Favorite Posts Instagram Email Facebook Pinterest Image Map

March 14, 2012

In my neck of the woods...(aka mesquite trees)

The last two months have been a whirlwind of hustle and bustle and eating fast food.
We have 3 kids playing basketball and one running track right now so things are fast and furious.
My blog book for the last year is going to be short and sweet.

So, here we go now. 
The usual "what we've been up to"...

It actually snowed a few weeks ago and the kids got a late start at school! 
If we started school at 10 every day my kids would be HAPPY to get up and go!
Here are a few of our new calves.
I am loving the cattle business right now.
It's baby time!



I threw a surprise birthday party for my father in law. 
He had never had a "real" birthday party as a kid.
One with a theme and balloons and decorations.
So I did something about it!
He loves Angry Birds(although he would never admit it!)so I went with it.
 Most of the kids were wearing their Angry Birds shirts and they made Pa wear one too.
So fun!

Case had his first season of basketball.
The boys did great!
None of them had ever played before so it was ALL new!
They were in a competitive league with kids that had played together for 3 years!
The fact we won a couple of games was awesome and Case managed to score a few times! :)
Jason is coaching two teams. 
Case's 8 & 9 year old team and a 6 & 7 year old team.
He has loved every single minute of it!
We played in Altus every weekend for the last month and a half and it was crazy!
Between Case's team, the 6 & 7 yr olds, and Kooper we played 6 games almost every Saturday!
I LOVE basketball so it was great for me...Jason is in the middle of tax season so it was a little tricky for him. He sat up a "mobile office" in the Suburban and worked between games! lol.

Kate was inducted into NJHS. Proud of that girl!

More baby cows!
 This one is my absolute favorite!
Big daddy! 

I've made a few new shirts and am about to start trying my hand at baby blankets and burp cloths.
With names of course.
I absolutely LOVE fabric.
It's good we live 2 hours away from Hob Lob or my husband would not be happy with me.
Unless, of course, I was making some cash!;)

This shirt actually earned me a paycheck!
My first one! ;)
Give me a holler if you want a custom order!
I'm SLOWLY starting my own little biz.
Fun, fun!


Kate's lucky cheer shirt...


Kooper is in his last season with Dr. Dater.
He's been playing with him since the 3rd grade!
It makes me a little sad, but I can't wait till next year for 7th grade ball!
Two more tournaments and we're through...
 They played an awesome season!
The boys ended up in the championship tournament after playing their hearts out to get there.
Two of our starters were gone for spring break and we managed to pull it off and advance!
We were all there for the championship game, but Kooper had strep and could barely swallow and was completely medicated with Advil, Tylenol, Chloraseptic spray, and a TON of Gatorade...AND our awesome little point guard threw up on the court during the game!
We lost by one in the final seconds of the game, which seems pretty awesome under the circumstances! lol!

Kenna Mae is playing this year too.
Once she finally figured out when she was supposed to be guarding and when she was supposed to be shooting she's done pretty good.
She will play through April!
Not sure how I will manage that with them all playing baseball by then!


Last, but not least, my Kate made 8th grade cheerleader!
We are so excited she gets to do this another year.
The best part?
Next year she will be cheering for her little brother!! 
LOVE my kids being so close in age.
Most of the time! 

And that should just about do it!;)
Happy spring break!

No comments: