I'm sure the real cowboy in my husband wants to shutter every time I call them that, but it's how I bond with them. Pretty sure the real cowboy in my husband just shuttered at that too.
Bond?
Apparently in the cattle business you don't bond with your cows.
But, this is my blog and I can bond if I want to.
Husband's blog(hahaha, yeah, right!) would say something much more cattleman like.
Insert gruff, manly voice here...
"Here is #27".
Entertaining right?
But, on MY blog here is what I have to say about the cattle...
Don't you just love her ears?
And how she has some hay hanging out of her mouth?
And how she is looking me straight in the eye?
Ok, that last one does kinda freak me out.
Because frankly, Jason can't leave me alone with the cows because they scare the bajebbers out of me.
I was standing in the pickup for all of these pictures.
But, I was there.
With the husband.
Checking the cows.
Taking pictures.
And lovingly referring to them as "the girls" and "Momma moos".
Baby steps people.
See the tiny calf in the background?
On the right?
Ohhh.Emmmm.Geeeee.
Those babies make me giddy.
When I spotted this one I said,
"Well, bless your heart, honey. I know just how you feel. I was once hugemongous with child too."
Doesn't she just look totally ticked like you or I once felt at 10 months pregnant?"
lol.lol.lol.
My favorite picture.
Sweet, sweet baby nursing while her momma walks along and eats some cake.
Although, that seriously NEVER happens in human form.
Ever.
Sweet, sweet human baby smells food and immediately needs to nurse.
Then, sweet, sweet human baby unlatches and screams every time you pick up a fork.
But only for the first year.
Here is where I would have started feeling nauseous because of all those cows staring at me...
Nothing makes my sexy cattleman unwind after a long day at the office like checking the cows, smelling the dirt (among other things), watching every day for new life, and doing it with his cowgirl and his cowkids.
lol.lol.lol.
Cowkids.
I'm sure someday when we live on a ranch, are living how my husband lives best and KNOWS best, are surrounded by horses and cows and perhaps chickens(I sincerely hope not bc those things scare the bajebbers out of me) I will look back at the days of standing in the back of the pickup scared to death but documenting the first heard, my husband will be so happy that I did.
(And so will I!)
Now THAT folks was a serious run on sentence.
4 comments:
THEY SCARE ME TOO!!!! I used to play with cows...but I kind of gave up after we had to butcher them and it made me too sad. Now they freak me out! This is reason #1 why I don't want my kids to show...even though I know they will...and they will show bulls, I just know it!
Great pics by the way!!
I want to go squeal and scream at the cows. Love it and can't wait to visit at the ranch.
Well, Amy, I name all of our cows and if they have girl babies, they get names. This way I can keep up with them and who has had a baby or who is in the field or who looks a little sickly. I'm probably not getting close enough to read numbers. I am getting better and actually helped DW work some heifers a couple months back. I love going to check the girls and looking for new babies.
Okay, this is just another testament to how much J & R are alike. When we first got our cows, I would call them "the girls" and say things like, "Hello, girls, how are you today?" And Richard said, "you do not make friends with cows." And seriously he said the words, "You don't bond with cows!" HA!
Post a Comment