Home About Me The Diagnosis HCM Facts My Favorite Posts Instagram Email Facebook Pinterest Image Map

June 25, 2009

Why is it that we get so attached to our first home? I mean, this house has never really functioned for this family. The closets are too small, the utility room is basically in the kitchen(and you guys all know how my laundry might stack up occasionally), and the closets are too small. Did I already say that?

BUT, since we sold the house, every time I pull into our driveway a bit of sadness overtakes me. This is such a fun, cute house filled with tons of character. It doesn't help things when the inspector that does both houses comes back from our new house and the first thing he says is, "WHY are you moving from this house again?"

We are moving because we can't live in this house forever just because it is incredibly "cute" and "adorable" and "has so much personality". Our family has outgrown it. The new house, when we are finished will be give us an additional 1000 sq. ft. The best part is a HUGE basement! The storm freak that I am can't wait to ride out the first storm with the kids in the comfort of our own home.

Can you tell that I am trying to talk myself into loving the new house? Because the truth is...I don't. It needs a TON of updates and remodel. We will be living in our RV for the duration of the remodel. I know. Doesn't that sound exciting? Two adults, 4 kids, and a Great Dane pup in an RV for at least a month, probably more.

I am nervous that I will not love the new house like I do this one. Will it be as "cute" as this one? Do I really know what I'm doing to make this house beautiful?

I just realized that I am talking about our home like it is another baby. Will I love it the same as my other children? SNAP OUT OF IT AMY, ITS A HOUSE, NOT A BABY!!!!

I'll keep you posted. Good, ol fashion, before and afters are coming your way. We close on Tuesday.

And another chapter begins.


THIS is the #1 reason packing has been so miserable. Samson is so much fun, but he is driving me crazy. He is INTO EVERYTHING!!! But look how cute he is...

This is his new favorite thing to do. He LOVES toilet paper. He will unroll the entire roll all over the house before I even realize he's missing.

Then when I find his mess and go to look for him I usually find him here. Yes, that is my bed.

Every time I sit down on the floor to clean out a cabinet this is what happens...

And here is proof that progress IS actually being made. In fact, I have packed almost this entire house with only the help of my amazing 11 year old. Jason is a little frustrated that we have pack so well. He needed Advil last night. Packed. A real spoon. Packed.
When he left for work this morning he stopped at the door and said, "Hey, would you mind leaving out my underwear when your packing today!" HAHA, babe, you are SO funny.
To be continued...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy Michelle, any house that you live in will be cute and adorable, remember YOU made that house that way! I have FULL faith in you! Everything will start coming along and it will be even better than your old house :) LOVE youuu
Krista

Heather said...

You will make your new house into a home just like you did this one! Plus, you are a fantastic decorator and your current house is precious, so I know the new one will be, too. You are SO lucky to have a basement in your new house! I'd have bought it just for the basement, especially with all the bad storms we've had lately. Glad you have been making progress on the packing!

Bonnie said...

From what I've seen of your old house, all that character and cuteness is home-spun. You will totally make your new house just as beautiful! I love before and after pics so get em up asap!

When we moved to California, I accidentally packed our toothbrushes. Dave was so mad at me. They were in a little travel bag when I packed them, oops. But, whatever, it was a quick fix. We just bought more. You can never have too many toothbrushes :-)

kristi said...

Remember it is not the house that makes the home but the family and love that reside there

Anne said...

Just checking in on you...how's it going?