Home About Me The Diagnosis HCM Facts My Favorite Posts Instagram Email Facebook Pinterest Image Map

April 6, 2009

hiatus interrupted...

I interrupt this regularly scheduled blog hiatus to inform you of news on Case's arm.

After another fall at school today and a phone call from Mrs. Angie, I took Case into the clinic to get his arms checked out. Turns out, I need a metal for Mommy of the Year.

Three days after the fall, a few pictures of bones, and a near fainting spell later, Caser Dude has broken BOTH wrists. He is sporting not one, but TWO, splints. One on each pitiful little arm. Doc called the breaks "buckle fractures" and they do not require casts. Unless of course, I cannot convince my 5 year old boy to not run, jump, skip, wrestle, dive, or slide.

I'll let you know how that turns out!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Poor Case! I hope his wrists heal quickly and that it isn't too much torture for him to try not to run, jump, skip, wrestle, dive, or slide! How long will have have to wear the splints? And, for what it's worth, I think you're definitely in the running for Mommy of the Year, but for GOOD reasons! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Cowboy! I told Case not to worry, that I too broke my wrist as a kiddo and my mom (who deserved a "Mommy of the Year Award" for each and every year of my raising) did not take me to the doctor until several days later, either. So, Amy, don't feel bad. Case, hang in there tough guy. Uncle Will.

Jackie said...

Hope Case gets better!! And you did tell me you thought he had broke something but you just weren't 100% sure. And I think you are an EXCELLENT Mom with some excellent kiddos!!! :)

SheridanLeftwich said...

Poor Case! That sounds terrible. I hope he feels better very soon. I hope you hiatus will end very soon. I always miss hearing from. You are always so fun. Don't be gone too long. :)

Bonnie said...

Oh my goodness!!! Poor guy, that has to hurt! You're right, the hardest part of it all will be getting him to take it easy!
Tell him that he has friends he doesn't even know yet that will be thinking of him!