Home About Me The Diagnosis HCM Facts My Favorite Posts Instagram Email Facebook Pinterest Image Map

January 26, 2009

Metabolism sucks and so does my day...

Title courteous of Shelley.



Today, I am in a funk. Do you ever get in a funk? I am in desperate need for some time. I don't really know what kind of time. Time alone? Time kid-free? Just time.



Satan is trying to get me. He wants me to be fat.

Saturday, I got dressed to go to the gym and as I was walking out the door our sweet Bishop friends called us to go to Altus with them. I can't resist a fun day with a fun family. SO, I went to change. We had an awesome time! Don't laugh. We ate at Western Sizzlin and it was clean, and friendly, and GOOOOODDD! Curse the buffets! Curse them.

Then Sunday, I made up my mind I was going to the gym after I took a little Sunday afternoon cat nap. Well, my entire nap I was shivering cold and ended up sleeping 3 hours. Weird. I never sleep that long. OF COURSE, I HAD A STINKIN FEVER WHEN I WOKE UP! So, again. NO GYM.

Today, it is drizzling and 12 degrees outside. Satan, I tell you.

Long story short, after the week from @#$% last week and only 2 days in the gym and the Western Sizzlin incident I gained a pound this week. I am seriously bummed. Why is it that I have to totally consume my days, my thoughts, my actions, with what I am about to eat or drink in order to lose weight. I am so sick of living this way. It is so hard. I'm frustrated. I'm tired. I'm sad.

Now, time to go to the gym.

Also, I have finally grown my hair out and gotten it back to my natural color. I've been wanting to do this FOREVER. Well, this morning I found a picture of me in Kate's backpack from a few months ago and my hair was short and blond, and CUTE! Hmmm....now I want to change it back! This day sucks.

Thanks for the vent. Hope you are not having a bad day too!

21 comments:

Shelley said...

Hope your day gets better! Wish you lived here... that is nothing a good GIRLS lunch and trip to the beauty shop couldnt cure :)

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

aawwww!!! wish i could help you out!!! just read my blog in a bit when i add my not me! monday...you will feel better about yourself, i bet!!

also, your hair is gorgeous!!! and my kids have even said that i should make mine look like yours!!! :)

i hate satan...and all his evil ways!!! hang in there!!!!

Belinda said...

Nothing like satan to get you into the gym. What keeps me motivated is my hubby who hates wasting money. I can't stand paying for something I am not using. Find something that will really get you going and think back on that when you get weak.I know the gym won't be packed today , too cold LOL Love you girl you'll get there one day at a time.

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Do you know what really helped me when I was determined to lose about 15 pounds after high school? I decided on three things I would do and just kept doing them until I got my results. My three things were:

-Cut down tremendously on my portion sizes...for me that meant I always left something on my plate and walked away from it.

-Cut out pretty much all fried foods, unless on a very special occasion.

-Cut out all sodas, including diets, and started drinking water or tea only.

-Never ate anything after 7:30 at night.

Okay, so that was four things. I didn't focus so much on losing weight, as much as I did on just doing those things and the longer I did them, I just started seeing weight fall off of me...I was literally stunned when people would say, Wow, you are looking so good." Because I felt like I wasn't even really working at it.

Oh, I have to mention I wasn't working out per se, but because I lived on campus, I walked or rode my bike everywhere, so that was my exercise.

I love you and I will pray for Satan to stay away from your mind and your heart!

Jessica said...

I feel your pain girl, Love you! I have found a good weekend of blowing it in the diet department tends to speed up weight loss the next week, so who know, you might be surprised when you get back on track!

Jammi Palmer said...

ok.. so youve gotten more advice here than you were probably looking for. and im sure that a simple i hear ya would do. but i have to tell you that when i started staying home 2 years ago i hadnt lost all my baby weight from korb and i was certain my BUTT would grow not shrink with lack of activity. but i found a few things that REALLY helped WITHOUT killing myself going to the gym and i lost 25 lbs. email me if you wanna talk.. love ya! chin up. its all gonna be ok!

Vanessa said...

AMY!!!!! At least you know who is doing it to you and you KNOW how to beat him at his own game.

I say its OK to have a cheat day on your diet.....just get back to the gym and tear it up! Biggest Loser Boot Camp DVD is good too.

Monday is almost over......remember.....attitude is everything!!! Go Get Em!!

Sharon said...

Me too! I can't lose a pound and I have been working out. I think I'm getting fatter. We should go to lunch tomorrow and talk about this! Let's eat something really fattening! JK! I love you!

SheridanLeftwich said...

I'm sorry you are having a bad funky day! I think we're all right there with you. I told Josh I was going to start weight watchers today but I didn't. It is so hard with little hungry kids around because they are always wanting to eat thus food is always around. I too struggle with what to do with the hair. I am currently supposed to be growing it out and have been putting more and more lowlights to go more my natural hair color but really I just want to go back blonde. I think we all have things like this. Satan is so good about making us value beauty and physical things. In the end what God wants is our hearts and I'm quite certain he has it. You are such and awesome mommy. By the looks of things you are an awesome friend. So hang in there. You are awesome at the important stuff and that's what counts.

Unknown said...

Hope you day has gotten better.

Caleen Goble said...

Okay, I know everyone has said this, but "I feel your pain sista!" I have been struggling to lose 15 pounds for about 3 years now...that is how old Matthew my youngest is. I finally found something that worked...so far I have lost 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks. Let me re-cap:

1) I drink at least 5 glasses of water a day and then whatever I want to drink at meals.
2) I eat when my youngest (3.5 yrs old) eats and the same portion he eats. So basically, I eat 5 small meals a day. And then sometimes sneak a snack in around 9:00 pm. I KNOW...that part is bad. That's probably Satan. :)
3) I run (jog) 1.5 miles 2-3 times a week. Not a lot of exercise, but I also "play" tennis or catch with my 6 year old son once or twice a week for about 30 minutes. Lot's of ball chasing going on!

That's all I've done. Oh, and I eat whatever I want on the weekends. If you don't eat the same amounts everyday, it kicks your metabolism into a higher speed because it is trying to keep up and is confused. (From Shape magazine.) True, I don't know. Heck, if anything...why not just confused the @*!# out of what ticks you off the most. ha!

Okay, realizing I have written a book... Caleen, out.

Rebecca said...

I feel your pain on two things. Time and food. There is never enough time and when you have extra time (if there is such a thing) then you're too tired to actually do anything with it.

And food. I get absolutely no joy out of food anymore. I eat because my body tells me I have to. If I eat anything that isn't healthy I feel guilty, and most of the healthy stuff I do eat, I'm sick of. I rarely even crave anything anymore. It's quite sad.

So I feel your pain, darlin. Hang in there. It'll get better. (or you'll just cave like I did)

Whitney said...

Hang in there! You're not alone... we all have days like this!

Betsy said...

Clearly, our metabolisms are friends... I have been working REALLY HARD at the weight loss thing, and it's not going well, and I feel like I am starving myself half the time. I also feel like I'm not feeding my family very well, because I just can't cook them really yummy stuff and then not eat it! ACK! Either I stay plump, or starve my children... SATAN, I tell you!! SATAN!

AND, we have 2 birthdays this week, and I WILL eat the cake... I already know that!

I second Shelley's "metabolism sucks" title, and also second her comment "wish you were here!!!!)

Betsy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betsy said...

And, FYI, I absolutely LOVE your new bloggy look!!!!

MammaBotos said...

Have a margarita! : )

Anonymous said...

I am having one of those days/weeks, too... excpet mine started really from my "new years resolution fall out" when I realized I had set my goal too high and satan just kept slapping me in the face with it. I died my hair back to my natural color and keep "coveting" my highlights back when I see old pics...
All this to say that you are not alone. I think it is so hard to put our selves back on our priority list when our kids and all their fun activities come first. We are so busy cherishing our time as a momma, a housewife, a maid and a chef and we forget to take care of ourselves.
Hope your week gets better and you are able to get back on track. I loved reading all the advice on these comments! Im thinkin of you, girl!!

The Best Family said...

oops... sorry, that last comment was me... didnt realize I wasnt signed in! :o)

Jackie said...

We love ya girl! Hang in there!

Ginger Wilson said...

I was reading your post and thinking of how many times I have felt like you do. I hate when weight loss consumes my every waking thought.

You are a very beautiful woman, so don't let it get you down!

As for the hair, if women were ever 100% pleased with how their hair is all the time, something would be wrong! LOL