I hesitate to admit the following.
I NEVER ALLOW MY CHILDREN TO PICK OUT THEIR OWN CLOTHES.
NEVER.
Rarely even when we are doing nothing but hanging out at the house. I can't help it. It drives me nuts to see them in mismatched, unironed clothes. I know this is ridiculous. But isn't that the definition of OCD.
Some people have to wash their hands a million times a day. Some people cannot leave the house without makeup. Some people have to put their right shoe on before their left.
NOW THAT'S JUST WEIRD!
I have to have my children ironed and matching before they leave this house. Especially on a school day.
Today was a school day for Case. He walked in the kitchen while I was doing laundry and asked if he could pick out his own clothes today. In a sheer moment of only half listening and weakness, I said, "Sure, Case, TODAY you can pick out your own clothes for school." But, on the inside, that really meant...."I am not thinking straight and the strange smell of soap and sweat from flag football games was mixing and making me high. Later, I will realize what I have done and wish I had not said it." TOO LATE! He was dressed in less than 60 seconds.
So, I let it go. Supermom award of the day. I LET MY SON GO TO SCHOOL IN CLOTHES HE HAD PICKED OUT HIMSELF.
And really it wasn't THAT bad.
Until I pulled up to his cute little preschool and his cute little teacher had posted a cute little sign that said...."PICTURE DAY TODAY!"
Did I mention he wore a cap and did not brush his over grown bush they call hair?
Camouflage hunting shirt and an ACU cap. Lovely.
10 comments:
that's perfect!!! today will be captured forever...you will always remember the day you 'let go' and he picked his own clothes out!!! :)
your kids do ALWAYS look so adorable!!! it's people like you who make me so nervous when i send my kids to school in wrinkled clothes....which is pretty much every day!!!!!
OMG - did you have a heart attack? I remembered this morning, but as usual am behind on laundry and Jack had nothing really cute to wear. I found something that hopefully will turn out okay. Just remember - there's always Spring pics!
I am just like you when it comes to clothes. It makes me crazy when Chris or Darlene put them in clothes that don't fit them or don't match. It doesn't seem to bother anyone else though. Love ya!
Then tell me your secret for getting Kenna Mae to wear what you want her to wear. I give Morgan 2 choices and she doesn't want either. I'm just like you and it drives me crazy. There are clothes in her closet she hasn't worn b/c she won't.
I have the exact same OCD problem. I don't have it with many other things but my kids clothes is by far the worst one. I always feel like I am such a mean mommy because they want to pick out their clothes and I almost always so no. I am so glad I am not the only one. I am sure his picture will turn out perfect. He's so cute it probably doesn't matter what he wears. That grin is enough for me.
THAT will be a picture to remember!
I think all the moms out there are a little like you in the OCD dept....If only I liked to iron!
My sweet husband is the ironer in our family!
well i saw case and he looked like a churchill... camo and ACU! he looked cute, all boy. I know i like to pick out there clothes but Creek has such an opinion... it makes me crazy.
Love It!!
I was OCD with the first two, but Grace has changed me... I seldom care any more, because the FIT that she throws is just not worth it!
amy.. i am completely the same way! i NEED to pick out every pc of clothing kennedy and korb wear. even when they visit g-parents i pack outfits..labeled..for ea day. and an approved change of top or bottom for the baby during the day if he should spill something yet not need to replace his entire outfit. terrible, i know! ironically, i thought of you this morning.. kennedy has a field trip today and she had to wear a school t-shirt, which i hate. we argued for 10 min about which bottoms and shoes she should wear w/the hideous giganticly-too-big t-shirt. i wish i could just let her win. but i CANT! :)
I am right there with you!! Why do all of us moms have to be so compulsive about our kids clothes. Montana has to match to the bow or I'm not happy!! LOL You'll always remember the picture!! :)
How funny!! I hate my moments of not paying attention! A lot of the time, the words come spilling out before I can stop them!! You are an awesome mom though! I may hire you to do my ironing! (j/k)
Post a Comment