Home About Me The Diagnosis HCM Facts My Favorite Posts Instagram Email Facebook Pinterest Image Map

August 4, 2008

The most painful picture upload EVER...

Well, I'm back!! And much to my surprise it looks like someone,(Shelley), did a little blog high jacking while I was away!! :) Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. It was a great thirty-second!

Vacation was wonderful. One of the best we have ever had. Lots of fresh, pine scented air and mountain showers. The temp never reached 80 the entire time we were there and most days we carried along a jacket. Our days were full of fun and our evenings were spent around the campfire or playing UNO with the kids.

It was near impossible for me to narrow down my pictures. YES, this is narrowing down...I took 249 pictures while we were there. Fun times and great memories must be photographed!!

Here are just a few for ya!

Let's start by saying I did this all by myself on the first try!!
Kate spent the entire day before we left making snacks for us to take along...all by herself.
The kids and I on our way to the top of Greenie Peak on our 2nd day. This was part of our jeep tour!!
Stopping at the old gold mine. Kenna Mae was convinced this was a bear cave and would NOT go in...hilarious!!
The big kids and Jason...just kidding, y'all!! LOL!! This is our guide, Jeff. Jason was taking the picture and I was standing OUTSIDE of the "bear cave" with Kenna Mae!!
Panning for gold.
The kids met TONS of friends in our RV park. The park was gated and the kids had a ball with mostly free reign on their bikes for a full week!

Our pad for the week...small and cozy!
The top of the Gorge in Taos. SCARY!! Jason was about to pass out at this point!!
Just a sweet picture of Kenna Mae at the park.
Yes, we rollerskated. Please don't look at me in this picture. This is my new diet motivation. It is forever sketched into my memory. Didn't I just loose 20 pounds?? Looks like another 20 is in my future!!
Two of my 3 favorite guys. I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!

Daddy and his kids on a nature trail.
Case using his walking stick as a gun, of course!! He's not much the nature lover. He just wanted us to shoot everything we saw..."oh, a deer, let's shoot him!!" Sorry if there are any non-hunters out there!
Just a sweet picture...
Jason cooked breakfast every morning at the campfire...hence the need for me to loose 20 more pounds!
Koop got a sling shot for his souvenir. Here he is shooting rocks, but I let the him, Case, and some other boys around the camp have a marshmallow fight with their sling shots the night before we left....HEAVEN for those boys.

We hiked up to Middle Fork Lake on Thursday. Let me just tell you, it was 2 miles STRAIGHT up with switchback after switchback and my babies never once complained!! It was tough y'all!! Now, me, I complained enough for the four of them put together!!LOL! This is what we saw when we made it to the top...2 and a half hours later. Beautiful!!


This was the trail head because, of course, my pictures are out of order!

Daddy's boys...
More diet motivation...
There were little waterfalls everywhere on the Middle Fork hike.
Kenna Mae fell on her walking stick before we even started hiking! Thank goodness it missed her eye. Could have been much worse!

Around the campfire one evening. The fam...awww!!
Singing to Kenna Mae...
This is my favorite picture. A bear, or actually, an entire family of bears, kept us on the lookout every single night we were there. They would come into the camp and dig through the dumpster that was about 20 feet from our trailer. This is the picture I took of them. Nice. I am such the great photographer. Apparently, you can't take a picture through the mesh, even though you can see through it. Awesome. Missed my only bear picture chance.
So, as you can see, we were havin' fun, fun, fun! We are glad to be home, but wish we could have brought some mountain air with us. We love the mountains!!
*******
I think a bigger camper is definitely in our future however!!LOL!
*******
On another note, my big kids are at cousin camp this week at the ranch with Ma and Pa. I am going to take this opportunity to do some catch up on my house. I've got a few rooms to paint and a table to redo. So, if I am MIA, you can find me at home up to my elbows and eyebrows in paint!!:)
*******
Please, please, keep our house "stuff" in your prayers. It is getting really old living with 13 windows boarded up and no carpet on half your floors. It seems like the process is taking forever. We are having a hard time lining someone up that can restore our windows. They were original 1928 on most of them. Seems the process of glazing them is not very fun and no one likes to do it anymore, but we certainly don't want to knock them ALL out and start over. I'm just not sure what we are going to do yet. The carpet has to wait for the windows, and so does the outside paint...ARRGGG!! I'm getting all depressed just thinking about it...so I think I'll stop!!
*******
And let me just add for my dear sister in law S...no vacation can be complete without a little vomit!! Case decided that he would vomit all the way down the mountain on the way home...out with a bang!!

16 comments:

ajphillips said...

All your pics look so familar. We use to go to Red River every summer for vacation. What campground did y'all stay at...we might stay at the same! Camping is so much fun and the kids look like they just had a blast!

Helen Keller said...

that looked like so much fun! so glad you had fun! there is nothing like just being with the family!

Shelley said...

HOW FUN! I wish you could bring some of that cool mountain air down here. I am burning up! Anyway, the pics were great and I was so excited to see the update! Looks like so much fun...

SheridanLeftwich said...

Wow! It looks like ya'll had so much fun. I can't wait to get our camper! Glad ya'll are back and safe. We will definately say some prayers for the BIG FIX on the house.

Anonymous said...

I always ask my dad, why did my ancestors stop in the panhandle of Texas? It's like living in Hades!..Then you go visit Colorado and wonder why everyone doesn't live there.....

I am so glad your family loved it...The memories they will have for the rest of their lives are priceless! Your pictures are so sweet and I love the bond your family has....What a gift!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this post!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Oh, yay! I'm so glad you guys are back! You're camping looks like every summer when I was growing up! I miss it so much! WE would love to camp with you guys sometime. We tent camp, but mainly because we don't have a camper yet. Anyway, we LOVE to camp and are always looking for friends to go with, who are willing to sacrifice their hair dryer and stovetop meals for ponytails and campfire! Let's do it!

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

You have the most precious family!!! Looks like y'all had a wonderful trip!! Kudos to y'all for staying an entire week in a pop-up! The KPs were never able to stay that long in one!! :)
I just love reading your blogs...they always put a smile on my face!!

Jackie said...

SO precious!! Glad ya'll are home but I know ya'll had a blast!! The pictures are so good, you'll always remember this trip!!

Danny and Beverly said...

What a trip! Wish we could have stowed away with you. It looks like you have become pros at camping. Beverly says that some of her best memories of her childhood are from camping trips that her family took with friends. Red River looks like a great place to camp and enjoy all of the things nearby. You have a beautiful family and although we haven't got to know the two youngest, we are sure they are as sweet as the older two. We, too, are familiar with glazing 1928 era windows. But, we are hoping it will be finished for you soon. Glad you are home safe and sound. We have always and continue to appreciate your humor, Amy.

Vanessa said...

Looks like fun.......I guess when J says "Lets go camping", I need to give it a try!

Jody Piper said...

Awesome pictures! Looks like you had a great vacation! Sorry you missed the bear picture - sounds like quite the adventure! Have a great week!

Nicole said...

I loved all the pictures. You have a gorgeous family!! Camping is so fun and it sounds like ya'll had a blast. The bear picture.....my favorite too. :) hee hee.

Heather said...

Great pictures of your precious little family, Amy! I am so impressed that you hooked up the camper, and Kate was so sweet to make snacks for the family. The vacation sounds wonderful, and I'm so glad you all had a great time and enjoyed that cool mountain air! Breakfast cooked over the campfire is one of the best things in life, and I'm sorry you missed your photo moment with the bears. Good luck with making all the repairs to the house, and have fun shopping today with Belinda!

Fun Family Fitness said...

Love the pictures...I am so excited that y'all had a great time...but I am selfish...I am glad to have y'all back in town....about the pictures of you...you look great....but I am looking for a partner to meet at the gym...are you in? I need to lose my baby weight...fast...
hope to see y'all soon...steph

TREY MORGAN said...

There is nothing like camping to bring a family closer together. I loved the pictures. Parker and I have hiked the Middle Fork hike together too.

J Katy Garner said...

How fun!!! Campers are so great!!! I'm all about camping when I can shower and have a kitchen and a comfy bed : )
Love how you post so many pics!