I would like to start by saying that blogger drives me insane. I can't for the life of me figure out why you can only load 5 pictures at one time. I mean, ONLY 5 pictures? I have at least 10 almost every time I post. Then, when you try to do several "batches" they end up all backwards. I do not have enough time to think about the order in which I would like these pictures, much less backwards uploading!! Thank you for listening and now I will step off of my soap box!!
I'm sure most of you read Positive You about the race that Jason and Toby ran last Saturday. It was amazing. 9.3 miles in the Palo Dura Canyon. The view was breath taking and I cannot believe these guys ran UP it! Stephanie and I felt like we could barely make it up in our car!! I am so proud of Jason and Toby. Jason had an awesome time of 1:45 minutes, and I think Toby was 1:42. Sorry if I'm wrong Toby!! I took a few pictures from the top. And stole a few off of Toby's blog!
The next Lance Armstrong...
Toby at the top...
We all had a great time in Amarillo afterwards. We conquered the water park in the frigid temperatures. Actually it was just in the 70's that day, but in a water park that is COLD!! Even my babies tried out the big slides. I, however, have a great fear of just about everything involved. Tall, spinney, slides that plummet into a huge pool of water at sound breaking speed. NO THANK YOU!! I'm such a big chicken!! I did enjoy the lazy river and the wave pool. That's enough excitement if you ask me.
Kabuki was a HUGE hit with all the kids that evening. Even though I'm not sure Kenna Mae or Caden took a single willing bite of their food. Those two are some picky eaters I tell ya!! They all got a big kick out of the flames and flipping of food into their plates. So much for all the table manner lectures we've given in the past. Anything goes at Kabuki!!
We spent the night at a hotel and parted our ways on Sunday morning. I think a great time was had by all. I'm thinking there's nothing really wrong with arranged marriages...Kenna Mea and Caden are the same age and Case and Kaitlyn are the same age! They all get along great and were so sweet and well behaved all weekend. It makes it so much more fun when you aren't dealing with a lot of fighting amongst the kids. Thanks Stephanie and Toby for a great weekend! Let's do it again sometime!!
On another note, after a crazy weekend, Jason and I topped it with a cherry and bought a travel trailer Sunday evening. It is VERY small, but in great shape and only about 5 years old. WE ARE SO EXCITED!! I think the kids would prefer we just move in. I told them that time will come when we start the remodel and "tornado cleanup" in a few weeks. I'm really not looking forward to that, but the kids sure are!!
SO, if anyone has any great places to take the new trailer, let me know. We want to take it on vacation with us in a couple of weeks. We really want to go to Colorado, but I'm not sure we will be comfortable enough with it yet to venture off that far!
What do you think? Any great, kid places to start our new life as "campers"?
11 comments:
I bet ya'll did have fun at the waterpark! I finally set up a blog, but please go check it out and HELP me b/c I need it!! I took pics last night and was so excited but then I spent 30 min and couldn't get them to post, needless to say it was then midnight.
Anyways, CUTE PICS and I miss ya'll! Did you get your candle and scents??
I'm so confused. I thought you went to Kenny's this weekend.
Sounds like BIG fun! I love all the summer adventures. I am so impressed with Jason's running. I don't think I could run around the block without stopping. Katy was telling me of a great place (or maybe it was Josh's mom) to take the camper you might give them a call. They used to have a camper but sold it.
I am all for arranged marriages, too... Abbey and Koop! With all the arranged marriages you have almost all your kids spoken for :) We are not camper people but Inks Lake, Lake LBJ, and Kingsland have always been some favorite spots for us. Or you could come to CR 101 in H town and set up on our land for your first go at it :)
I can't get the pics to work the way I want, that is why I usually just post one. I'm glad you guys had an awesome weekend! Some of my favorite memories are camping ones. When I was little, we(my parents, sister, aunt, uncle and two cousins) stayed in a pop up camper in Colorado. We went to Colorado Springs and did some awesome things around there. We even took Tanner and Ella last year to Colorado Springs and had a good time.
It was fun....we will have to do it again...very soon....hopefully Colt will be a good baby...haha...take care and see you soon...steph
Way to go Jason!! As far as camping goes, I've got several suggestions. OK. In Texas, Garner State Park is SO much fun. It is down south in the hill country, on the Frio river. There is tons to do there and tubing down the river is THE best thing in the world. I grew up going there and have gotten to share it with MY family several times and each time has been SO much fun. Of course I'm gonna say Abilene State Park if you don't want to go too far.
If you do go to Colorado, hit Estes Park. It is another place we went growing up camping and it is gorgeous and so fun too. I am so excited that ya'll got a camper! You will make so many fun memories in that thing!!
hey, leave me a comment with your e-mail. I have several questions for you and don't want them on here. :) If you don't mind!!
LET'S GO!!!!!!! We have a camper that is WAY under-used!!!
Congrats on the camper! I wish I had known yall were looking for one ~ we sold ours this spring (it was a 2001 31-foot bumper pull that slept 8-10, and it had quad bunks in the back). We loved it but just didn't have the time to go anywhere in it enough now that the kids are getting older and in so many activities. We loved going to Lake Murray (in OK) with the Eddins, which is close to Arbuckle Wilderness and Turner Falls. So much fun! And we also enjoyed Caprock Canyon State Park with the Eddins ~ a short drive for you but also fun because of the beautiful scenery and good hiking. Buffalo Gap is supposed to be great, and of course Copper Breaks is close and a good place for the kids to ride on their bikes. Tell Jason good job on the race!
We are camper people too. We bought ours this past spring and have used it at least 4 times. We went to Port Aransas and stayed at Pioneer RV Park. There is a boardwalk to the beach plus they have two pools. Wonderful. I would also suggest going to New Braunfels. We just got back from there and we stayed at Lazy L & L campground. Beautiful, huge hills all around and the river is right there and we even talked about going back with Reagan and letting her float the little rapids right there at the campgrounds. Schlitterbahn is like 10 minutes away. That would be awesome. Don't dry camp for your first time. That is a pain trying to find somewhere to "dump" your black and gray tanks.
Post a Comment