Home About Me The Diagnosis HCM Facts My Favorite Posts Instagram Email Facebook Pinterest Image Map

June 17, 2008

Pictures of our tornado....

Don't have a ton of time to dedicate to a long, detailed post of the big tornado that ran through Childress Sunday evening, but I did want to show you some pictures of our damage. I took these the night of the storm, so sorry they are all a little dark.

We were out at the ranch while my cute little house was being torn up. No one was hurt, except our new cute little turtles are now in Heaven with Jesus!!:(

P.S. My house smells terrible because of wet carpet!! YUCK!!
THIS PLANT WAS HUGE AND BEAUTIFUL....
THE HAIL STRIPPED THE PAINT OFF OF MOST OF MY FRONT PORCH
KOOPER'S ROOM.....YES, I MADE THE BEDS THAT MORNING....GLASS BLEW FROM THIS ROOM INTO OUR LIVING ROOM...
SUN ROOM WINDOWS
SUN ROOM WINDOWS
SUN ROOM/MASTER BEDROOM FROM THE OUTSIDE....HAIL SANDBLASTED THE PAINT OFF OUR OUTSIDE....NOTICE THE HAIL AROUND THE BOTTOM OF THE HOUSE
BATHROOM/KOOPER'S ROOM
KATE'S ROOM UPSTAIRS
MY PRETTY LITTLE FRONT PORCH THAT WAS COVERED WITH PRETTY PLANTS JUST MINUTES BEFORE...
FENCE DOWN/FRONT TABLE AND CHAIR

MY BACKYARD...THE PICNIC TABLE WAS BRAND NEW LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE TOOK A HAMMER AFTER IT!! MY SISTER HAD JUST RETRIEVED THAT CHAIR FROM THE POND...

HAIL...
JASON'S BRAND NEW CAR THAT WAS PARKED UNDER OUR CARPORT...NOTICE HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THE LICENSE PLATES ON IT YET...


Now I must go rake the leaves and glass that are shredded and embedded in the grass outside so my kids can play in the backyard again....Praise the Lord everyone is OK!













8 comments:

ajphillips said...

Oh my! I'm so sorry, that is awful! Just glad everyone is safe and sound.

Jessica said...

Holy cow... I'm sooo sorry this happened to ya'll! I wish I could be there to help you dig out of the mess! Praise God ya'll are all ok though! We will keep you in our prayers!

SheridanLeftwich said...

I am so glad everyone is alright. That looks crazy scary!!!

The news of the tornato had not made it down the Essary chain to us yet. WOW!!!

Where were you and your kids?

I am so sorry you have do clean all that up. As if you didn't have enought to do with five kids. :)

I wish we lived closer so we could help!!

Thank you God for keeping them safe!!!!

Whitney said...

OH NO! That is awful, but I'm so thankful no one was hurt. Bless your heart... you were already under enough stress!

Fun Family Fitness said...

I am so sorry...bless your heart...I guess we will get to go shopping for windows and everything together...That would be fun...take care of yourself...and like you said...we both wanted to redo our houses....haha....love ya...steph

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Oh my, Amy! Luckily we only had one window...that seems to be the worst damage for most people is because of broken windows and water inside...yuck, yuck, yuck!! I can come help you clean up and would love to catch up so let me know if you need help! Oh, and I'll be shopping for windows and window treatments, too! HA! Thanks for the report and I can't believe we have gone this long without everyone getting together! Well, I guess everyone else was at sausage fest that we missed, dang it. Sometime soon...road trip...girls...Quanah???

Sharon said...

You're so positive! I love you for that. What kind of inside stuff is ruined? I think our curtains saved our insides from any major damage, but everything outside...:(! And my new car...:( Oh well, life goes on! Are we going to have to install our own pool or what? Maybe swimming just isn't in our cards this summer! Sucks! I was going to have Jack's b-day at the CCC. What am I going to do? It's next Thursday? Help!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment. Stupid people everywhere and they keep breeding. OMG. Please call me if I can do anything for y'all. We are not in such bad shape as some. You may need to call the carpet cleaning guy. If you want I have his #.TTYL