Home About Me The Diagnosis HCM Facts My Favorite Posts Instagram Email Facebook Pinterest Image Map

January 2, 2008

New Years "Life Goals"...

It seems to be a trend right now to not use the word "resolutions" and being that I am such a trendy person I thought I would go with it. LOL!


I went to the eye doctor today because I have had a terrible headache for 2 weeks. Pretty much every day. I thought I might need glasses, but looks like my peepers are still good to go. She thinks I am having mild migraines brought on by stress and tension...aka...5 children on Christmas break. Makes sense. So, today, I have done nothing. No dishes, no laundry, no picking up. Only a nap and a rest on the couch. Jason says I am putting ridiculous expectations on myself. This house is not going to fall down around me if I skip ONE day of cleaning obsessively. Not that my house is always perfect. I just obsess over stupid stuff like.....toys on the living room floor instead of the playroom floor...toothbrushes not put into the drawer, but laying on the vanity....the counter tops in the kitchen not being cluttered with cups and paper scraps from drawing and "scissoring". You know, the everyday clutter. It drives me insane. So today, I'M NOT DOING IT!! I'm sure I'll regret it tomorrow. However, this is one of my new "life goals". No obsessing over the small stuff. In order to keep my sanity. Less tension and stress = less headaches. We'll see.


Of course, I can't let a New Year come upon me and not make it a life goal to lose weight. This year though, I'm serious. One of my best buds owns the gym in town and she is now my official "trainer". Yikes. I think she's going to kick my BUM! I am going to see her at least 3 times a week so expect great things on this blog as I track my new B.O.D. I'm scared...help me!!


I have alot of other goals this year, but it seems they all fall under the less stress category. More fun with my kids, more quality time with my hubby, an impeccably clean house....just kidding!!

Tomorrow I am going shopping with my mom and my little sisters. It should be fun. I just hope my headache is gone by then. Say a little prayer!


And I leave you with a picture of my princess with her new "Baby Girl Princess". Tomorrow my baby will turn 3. It brings tears to my eyes.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

OK. I am SO missing something. I have read your blog up and down and can't figure out where the 5th kid comes in. I LOVE all the pictures and your blog in general. It sounds just like our house. I could write a book on here today!! Love your life goals. :) Girl give up the cleaning. I'm with that all the way. Headaches are NO fun. Love the new bag and new cell phone. I'm jealous! The Christmas pictures sound JUST like me. Not even kidding!! Happy New Year!!

Shelley said...

Kenna... 3??? No way, it is not possible! Hope the no cleaning helps the headaches. I may need to try that! Have fun with you mom and girls... wish you were here, I could use a day of shopping :) We should committ better together, Online of course, to stick to the workout, weight loss goals! Keep us posted :)

Anonymous said...

I found it and I love it! I'm so excited. Steph sent me the link. I'm sorry you're having head aches. It's funny that you went to the eye doctor for it because I did the exact same thing two weeks ago. Guess what she told me - stress, tension, and maybe a little sinus. She was right. I do hope your headaches subside. We need to visit about the one day a week thing at the store. If you're interested I'd love to have you. If not, I totally understand and it won't hurt my feelings at all. Let me know. I had fun with ya'll the other night.

Vanessa said...

Hope you have a successful shopping trip today.....and no headache. I think we all obsess over clean houses.....I fall into that category too.
Love the pic of Kenna and your goals.
: )

The Best Family said...

I literally need to cut and paste this post into my blog, bc it is exactly my new years' "life goals." I am the exact same way about my house... why do we sweat the small stuff? Oh, and the always present "need to lose weight/eat healthier" I wish we lived closer so we could exercise together and just be crazy mommies of 4 (or 5) kiddos!!
Hope your headaches get better soon... maybe shopping will do the trick! ;o)

Fun Family Fitness said...

I love your goals. I think they get to be most womens' resolutions... About the girl that is going to kick your BUM...you are darn right....just kidding...I won't kill you the first day...haha...I am proud of you making the commitment call and falling through...you will do great and I don't think you will regret it...About your headaches...just relax....and I know you don't want to hear it...but EXERCISE is a natural stress relief....so I am excited to see you on Monday for your first training session with the "Exercise Nazi"....love ya though and I am very proud of you...

Jessica said...

I used to joke that I needed a little more OCD in my life in the form of cleaning and exercising... somehow reading your post makes me feel a little better about sitting on the couch with a pile of laundry on the coffee table! :) I hope the day of rest helped!