Home About Me The Diagnosis HCM Facts My Favorite Posts Instagram Email Facebook Pinterest Image Map

March 21, 2007

The rest of the story...

Well, against my better judgement, Koop got his cast off today. Uncle Dr. Craig thought that 7 weeks was enough. And it probably was. But after the day I had in the ER and OR Feb.3, I'm not sure I will ever be comfortable with that arm being out of a cast. The nurse and I both gasp when we saw the xray. However, the good doc thinks it looks great! He is going to get us a brace for him to wear for a few more weeks. The break is still VERY apparent, but the callouse that has formed around the bone should protect it. I just can't bear the thought of starting over. If you look close at the picture you can ALMOST see the "swan neck" break. His little arm still has that shape a little! Maybe I'm the only one that can see it, being that that sight is still so fresh on my mind. It really doesn't seem like 7 weeks ago. He cried at the thought of getting another cast. He really wasn't happy that I was pushing for one! Craig is an AWESOME doc and I know he wouldn't let us out of that cast if he wasn't ready...Right?!

On a lighter note, here are a few cute pictures of my kiddo's with the Hale girls at ACU. The new Jacob's Dream statue is beautiful. I loved it so much I made an appointment with a photographer there in Abilene to take our family pictures there in April. The end of April of course! When Jason is a free man! I can't wait! Ohh-the wife of a CPA! You with me Shelley?! How bout you Aunt Vi?!

Our future Wildcats!


Our beautiful first born, Kate!


Lainey being a helper with Kenna Mae. She is so sweet!


Emiley and Case wishing they could jump right in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You bet Amy--- I've had enough allready!!!!!! You two are so lucky to have you beautiful familys to enjoy during this time...Oh well as old are I am Mine would be gone(Probally bringing g-babys home for me to keep) What a sweet thought....but YES I am nearly getting enough...I want to see Gary so bad that I have accepted his offer for me to drive to G-waite buy a hamburger and eat in the park....WOW -but I am out the door....I have enjoyed you new blog and posts....A.vi