I woke up this morning dying for a Diet Coke. What is that? I never drink Diet Coke until at least lunch, sometimes even not then. Usually later in the afternoon when I need a little pick me up. Who knows. Probably not psychological. Just an observation.
I also woke up this morning feeling awful about myself. I have been dieting for about 3 years. I lost 50 pounds after Case was born. I felt so good about myself. Not today! I have to do something. I have fallen off the diet wagon. Even though I am +one kid since then I have always at least tried to watch what I am eating. No fried foods, easy on the desert, lots of salads. But today, I am officially 20 pounds heavier than I was at my SIX WEEK CHECKUP after Kenna was born! That is ridiculous!!!! Somethings got to change. ME!!!!
OK, confession time! Jason and I joined a gym in September. We paid for six months up front. Forked out ALOT of cash. How many times do you think I went?? Not One!!! I have never even stepped into it. Wasteful, lazy, fat, stupid!! Those are the words going through my head. So Shelley--motivate me!! You already have. Keep up the running and keep on telling me how you did it. That way I'll feel guilty and get my rear out there too.
Please pray for me!
4 comments:
Since Shelley is out of pocket this morning (gone to Wally World), I'll fill in for her. Shelley did get out again this morning around 6:00 a.m. and hit the track (yes, the track! I think it's easier on her knees.) Yesterday was a breakthrough--she ran a whole mile without stopping! She's really good about just running/walking around the yard, if her schedule does not allow a trip to the track (CPA wives understand scheduling difficulties this time of year). So here's the plan . . . after school today, corral the kids in the back yard under Kate's supervision, and walk and/or jog around the block. Don't laugh, I couldn't run around the block without huffing and puffing like the big bad wolf when I first started. :-)
Big things start very small . . .
WRH
Ok... you are not alone. I have had those same negative feelings about myself for sometime now too. I do not want to be that frumpy thirty-something MOM. I want to be HOT!!! (Just Kidding). Will is right, it starts small with little accomplishments that get you going. I did RUN a whole mile on Wed. Abbey was even proud of me... see said, "And you didnt even walk ANY!" I have realized lately I have to make time for myself... to run, tan, read, pray... I know you are just like me... we do not take time for us! So start today... take 30 minutes-one hour and just dwell on you, not laundry, kids, husband or house. It may mean you have to get up early ( I have found this works best for me) or trap the kids in the yard, take your cell phone and make the block.... I love you lots and know you can do it!!! Call Me... Miss Y'all!!!!!!!
Oh Amy... you've always been so beautiful inside and out... don't be so hard on yourself... and Shelley's right...start small... you can do it!
All of us have our health issues, and I know that you want to take care of yours. As far as diet goes, I dislike breakfast, but I make myself each something. So, eat something nutritious for breakfast so that you will not be STARVED by lunch or mid-morning. A piece of fruit, a yogurt drink, a banana with peanut butter, or a small bowl of whole grain cereal with low fat milk. We all take in lots of empty calories. Processed foods with lots of fillers are empty calories. You might try cutting out all white things: white flour, white bread, potatoes, macaroni, noodles, rice, white sugar, spaghetti, pastas, things that are primarily made of these ingredients, etc. You can eat all sorts of veggies--cooked and raw--meats,whole grain breads, whole grain cereals, fruits,nuts, etc. Caffeine causes us to be hungry so cut back on it. I really like coffee so I drink half caf. and half decaf. But---like Will and Shelley have advised,the most important thing is exercise. I walk because it is hard on my joints to jog. Faster walking is good for your outsides as well as your insides. A short walk around the yard won't cut it. It is advised that you walk for 30 minutes a day for at least five days a week. Start one day at a time. If the kids are sick or the weather is bad, don't beat yourself up. Remember, what you are in Christ is what really counts. Contact Him and listen for His inner response. He is faithful and cares about all that concerns us. MH
Post a Comment