I would like to introduce you to the new PBR champ....Kooper!! Well, yesterday in the arena(game room) Koop rode a bull and the bull won!! Daddy being the bull!! I was standing in the kitchen when I heard Koop yell out and start this horrible cry. I new instantly he was hurt. It actually went through my head that we were about to go to the ER!! I was right. We spent most of the day in the ER and the rest of it in the OR. He snapped both bones of his right forearm completely in half. It was terrible! Pitiful! Heartbreaking! Koop kept whimpering for me to "please make them put me to sleep". I'm sure you don't want to know this but I can't resist. His arm was so mangled!! They called it a swan neck because that is what it looked like. If you can picture a swan from the side and start for it's back and follow it up to it's head.....that was the shape of Kooper's arm. Soooooo gross. When I actually saw it without his long sleeve shirt on in the ER I almost passed out. He was so brave. The doctors could not believe how little he cried. It was shock I think. More of a moan than a cry. He was in soooo much pain and it seemed like it was taking them forever to come up with a game plan for the next move. Jason's brother Craig who is a doctor was there with us the entire time. It helped Kooper so much to have him there when they wheeled him into the OR. Uncle Craig talked to him right up until the sedation kicked in. He was a blessing! Luckily there was an Orthopedic surgeon on call. We live in a small town and there is not always one available. Especially on a Saturday. And he just happened to be one of Jason's clients so we knew him well and he gave us VIP treatment. Connection!!LOL. He fixed Koop right up.
Last night was a rough night. He slept with me so I could monitor his pain. I was up quiet a bit propping his arm and giving meds. He seems better today. He even tried to play the playstation, but said it frustrated him because he wasn't as good at it. I told him it would only take a week or so for him to get adjusted to using his left hand for everything and then he'd be winning those football games again!!
Please pray for Kooper's pain and his frustration with having to use his left hand for everything. Pray for Jason too. He is feeling pretty guilty for the"buck off". He's a great daddy. They were just having fun. However, THAT BULL HAS BEEN RETIRED!!!

4 comments:
bless his heart!! that is so hard to see your child in pain! we will be praying for him!
Hey Cowboy! Looks like you're out of commission for a few weeks. Hope you get to feeling better. Make sure Mommy sends Bodaceous out to pasture (or retirement).
What I want to know is whether the bullfighter kept Bodaceous off of Kooper after he was hurt. At least until the pickup man (aka Mommy) sent Bodaceous to the pens.
And Caser, where were you, Cowboy?
WRH
P.S. I haven't forgotten the "pokey hair". My photographer has been out of town.
SUPER DOOPER KOOPER
We love you but quit that bull ridin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So sorry we had stolen your Ma & Pa when you needed them!
Love & Prayers,
Aunt Susan, Uncle Chris, Emily, Hank, Eli, Ben & Grace
Sorry to hear about the bull riding accident. Always knew that "bull" was headed for the pasture. Tell Koop that later on a broken arm will be something to brag about. Hope he and the rest of you family is feeling better. Beverly is our sick one at the moment. Doctor isn't sure what it is yet. Probably just getting old, like her husband. Enjoy seeing your news. When are you coming to Hamilton?
Post a Comment