Home About Me The Diagnosis HCM Facts My Favorite Posts Instagram Email Facebook Pinterest Image Map

December 8, 2009

It definitely looks alot like Christmas...

So here's a few thousand pictures of the Christmas madness going on in Hortonville. My husband thinks i am insane because, in all honesty, these pictures do no justice for the amount of "cheer" that is scattered throughout this house. His exact words were, "man, it looks like Santa threw up in here". I beg to differ, MR. GRINCH!

So, using as few words as possible, which isn't very possible for me, here is proof of the mood I'm in this year!

The living room tree. With all the super fun ribbon I am obsessed with this year! Do you see Scout, our Elf, hanging out in the tree?:) i just love that little guy. He is so creative in finding places to hang for the day!
The topper...

There you are, Scout!
The tree in the master bedroom. I must add here that typically, we do not have a tree in out bedroom at Christmas. But this house has 3 BIG windows across the front, the living room, Kenna's bedroom, and our bedroom. Both of the other windows had trees! We could NOT have all that crazy uneven-ness...
The topper...
My cute little trees in the entry...
With their funky bows...
The entry table. I HATE this table. I just keep putting of doing something different with it. Any ideas?
Even the doorknob is adorned with bells and ribbon. Just to push the hubster over the scrooge edge...
The "hardest simplest Christmas wreath ever". Alana and I ended up working on these all day. Don't ask us why. It just takes time to create such beauty. AND ALOT OF STINKIN ORNAMENTS! See the little green bird?
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...
The wimpy-est garland for a pretty staircase, ever! I really need to beef this up a bit. Just one more strand of garland....:) And maybe so me more ribbon...:)
The kid tree in the sunroom. They decorated this one THEMSELVES! Can ya tell?Kate's tree...

Kenna Mae's tree...
The super fun topper!
The hutch...this could definitely be cuter!
And there you have it.
Christmas decor 2009.
I failed to include our Christmas village that is on top of the piano. OOPS! I'm sure you are very sad.
Things around here are SO BUSY, just as I'm sure they are at your house. BUT, I'll save you the Waa Waaaa, and not give you a list five thousand miles long because I know that just reeeeeally is annoying! Let's just say, we are never home and neither are our children. Period. :) Good thing I'm in such a good Christmas mood!:)
Have a great week!

5 comments:

Erica said...

I love all of your holiday decor and cheer. I also love all the remodeling you have showed us so far on your new home. I cannot wait to see the rest of it. Happy Holidays!

Alana said...

OK, is that doorknob attached to the front door or did you just put it there for the pics ;) I just figured out the trick to opening it without out one...DANG IT!!!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Haha, that's awesome, Alana. I was actually wondering the same thing! I made an ornament wreath, too, but I need to add some ribbon like you did so it looks prettier. Just one more reason I REALLY need a baby...I want to hang out with Alana and Amy and do crafts! YAY!

Bonnie said...

Oh my gosh, you went crazy. I was feeling great about my decorations until I saw all that craziness at your house. A tree in EVERY room, wreaths, bows, GARLAND. Ugh, I can't compete. My measly tree will just have to do.

Emily Elizabeth said...

Hey, Aunt Amy ! I have a white tree in my room too this year! Kate and I are twins !!!! The star is cute. It has my fav colors!!!

Love Ya'll!

Emily H.