Home About Me The Diagnosis HCM Facts My Favorite Posts Instagram Email Facebook Pinterest Image Map

June 9, 2009

reality...

I try very hard to keep this blog happy and upbeat and fun. But ladies, I'm struggling. My heart is heavy and I just can't hold it together. It seems like anything that can go wrong, is going wrong right now.

I'm sure you guys already know that we have sold our absolutely adorable home to an even more absolutely adorable couple. They have two children who are equally adorable. I just LOVe these people. It makes me so happy that I can hand the keys to this place over to someone that loves it as much as I have!! They have been so sweet and kind throughout this whole ordeal.

You also might already know that after signing the contract with the new owners of this home, the contract on the home Jason and I had fallin for fell through. I'm not exactly sure of all the "crooked" details, but lets just say after jumping through hoop after hoop and then some more hoops, she signed another offer about 5 minutes before our FULL PRICE, LESS THAN 30 DAY CLOSING THAT THE SELLER THREW A FIT WANTING was ready to be signed. We were told on more than one occasion that the offer had been accepted, but it just wasn't getting signed like it needed to be. There was always just "one more thing" the seller wanted that caused for a whole new set of hoops.

Needless to say, I am heartbroken. In 21 days we are closing on our house and we have literally looked at every house in town. I know that those of you in cities cannot fathom a house search being so impossible. But, let me assure you, in small towns like Childress, good homes are VERY hard to find. When I say EVERY HOUSE, I mean EVERY HOUSE!! There are about 5 in our price range and size and they all take a complete gut or addition.

I know that God has a plan. The details of the whole thing are just too strange. I KNOW HE MUST HAVE A PLAN. I'm just really struggling to figure out what it is.

The tears in Hortonville have been flowing since we stepped back into this house Sunday night. I just can't shake it.

Please, PLEASE send up a prayer for my family today.

I really NEED something to present itself. I'm not sure the RV is a place I'd like to call home sweet home!

3 comments:

kristi said...

Be strong and listen carefully. Everything happens for a reason.

Charla (SHar-la) said...

If I were with you, I would grab your hands and pray right now, so I'm going to do it via your blog:

Father God, first I praise You for being an awesome, all-knowing and mighty God! You parted the Red Sea, you healed the sick and brought the dead back to life. You sent your son for each of us. Father, I am in awe of you. I know you are working for what is good in the Horton's life. I think of Job who cried out, "My plans are shattered, and so are the desires of my heart." And God, you heard His cry, just as I know you hear Amy's cry of desperation. Lord, my prayer for Amy and Jason is that they would find the peace that passes ALL UNDERSTANDING as they search for Your will, Father. That they would meditate on your promise in Jeremiah that you have plans to prosper and not harm them, plans to give them a hope and a future. Father, I love my friends and I know they love you so much and want to do your will. And even more so, You love them with an unimaginable depth. Lord, give them discernment and protection from satan's lies and confusion. Thank you for knowing our hearts, God, and for loving us anyway.

In Jesus's name,
Amen

Heather said...

I am praying and hoping your house search will turn something up very soon!