Jason and I had a big "family meeting" last night with the kids. Let's just say they have not been doing their chores and "stuff" in an acceptable fashion. As we were going on and on about our expectations of them and what will happen as a result of NOT meeting those expectations, a feeling of guilt swept over me.
What about me? What about my chores? What about that New Year's resolution of getting organized this year?
Granted, the house is usually picked up and there are rarely dishes in the sink(we won't talk about laundry)and the beds are always made, but what about the expectations I sat for myself this year. I believe it is safe to say that the only resolution I have been putting any effort towards this year is the weight loss thing.
So, long story short, I am giving myself a swift kick in the rear and grounding myself from a few things that I love. There is a playroom upstairs dying to get purged on, closets full of last years summer clothes, and my nemesis(wink, wink) in the utility room is calling my name. I will be out of pocket most of this week. Don't forget me!! I'll be back next week. And hopefully, by then, I will also have installed my camera software to this stinkin laptop that hates me!!;)
Maybe I'll even have some pictures of my new, improved, totally organized and mostly empty playroom! And to those of my faithful readers...don't you dare mention the big toy purge I just did last May!!!;)
6 comments:
Good for you.I need to do the very same thing.Closets are screaming "please clean me out"
Good Luck! Wish I was there to help :)
You are such a motivator! I'm inspired! I need to do the same thing! ...the taking a week off. My issue is getting everything into it's place or at least finding it's place. I've been trying to find a place for the family photo gallery since we move here 3 months ago! Ugh! ;) Now it all sounds good, let's just see if I do it!
Such dedication!!!! We will miss you, but will anticipate the pics of all things accomplished!
I started cleaning and organizing, etc the last few months. I'm becoming addicted. I actually look forward to doing it, if you can imagine looking forward to cleaning! (I still agree with you on laundry though)
Good luck!! Have fun. Make a game out of it :)
I hope you are getting bunches done during your little "spring cleaning". Can't wait 'til your back on the blog. We miss you!!
Post a Comment