In my mind, there is a grand finale at the end of the day on April 15th. One with balloons, and laughter, and maybe even cake! However, in reality, that day ends in kind of a blur. Did he get it all done? Did he miss someone? Did they all go through? This is what my husbands mind is doing to himself. No balloons, no cake, no laughter. It will take him at least 2 days to relax and celebrate. That's ok, as the end of season 3 concludes, LIFE IS GOOD! And my husband is home.
I can breath again! WHOO-HOO!! Jason closed the office today and is now sleeping peacefully to catch up on the events of the last few days. WOW! I think I will just let him sleep.
There is no way I can catch everyone up on all the madness that has gone on the last few days. Let's just wrap it up as quick as we can...
1. One house, two parents, four children, and 17 grandchildren. ALL UNDER ONE ROOF. That doesn't count the herds of guest that adored Grandmo that came bearing large amounts of YUMMY food.
2. Two more pounds gone. Except for the yummy food comment. I expect it to join me again this week!!
3. Case ever so "Case-like" asked someone(that we know very well) if she was a boy or a girl. PERFECT. I am actually thankful I was nowhere around so that I didn't have to make excuses for him...as always. Thanks to my informant for that news. Love ya!
4. All the women Grandmo loved best from Jason's Momma down to Miss Kenna wore her jewlery to the funeral. JUST like she would have liked it. Everyone she loved, adorned in excessive amounts of jewelry. Cause like Grandmo once said..."I'd rather go without my underpants than without my earrings!"
5. Kenna Mae was named after Grandmo. Eula Mae and Kenna Mae were the best of friends. In fact, I have more pictures of Kenna and Grandmo together than any of my other kids. Even in the end, Kenna would climb up in Grandmo's bed and stroke her head and sing "You are so Beautiful" to her. I cannot tell you how happy I am that Jason and I chose to name Kenna after her. It has been on my heart all week. My baby girl will carry on the name of an amazing woman. You've got big shoes to fill Kenna girl. Somehow, I feel like Grandmo will be proud.
6. I have been carrying a lump around in my throat since Saturday. I will be glad when it goes away.
7. Case and Kenna painted one another's faces yesterday with TOOTHPASTE! Toothpaste with stars in it! When I asked why they did it they said..."we wanted to be Indians!" So Grandmo, there you have it. They ARE definitely your grand babies. Indian blood runs through them!!
8. Out of the mouth's of babes. I took Case in to see Grandmo's body because he was so "stinkin" confused that he just COULD NOT put it all together. He began to be a little obsessed with seeing her. So against my original judgement, I took him in. As he was looking over her he was so sweet. His big blue eyes filled with tears and I began to explain to him all the confussing stuff. Her body is here, but her love, and her spirit, and her breathe, all the things about Grandmo you can't see, are ALL in Heaven with Jesus. All the while Case is shaking his head yes and acting as if he understood. Then, in true Case fashion he spoke!! "Yes, her spirit and love, and her LEGS are all happy and with Jesus now!" Ummmm....no her legs are under there somewhere. A little laughter at that moment was PERFECT!!
And so I have completed another list. List's make me happy!! And now I must go make sure my sweet husband is still breathing!!
HAPPY APRIL 16th~~~
9 comments:
The innocense of children at times such as Grandmo's death are such a blessing. My face is filled with tears. I love Case-man... he is so real, so sweet, and of course so adorable. I am so glad yall have made it through the last few days. I know it has been a tough one... but OKC is just around the corner :) Love yall!
I'm so glad this crazy tax season is over now! I know you are happy to have your hubby back and not have to share him for another year! What a sweet tribute to Grandmo. My Nana sound a lot like her...some might have thought her funeral was more like a circus or a middle school talent show, but it was GREAT and exactly what she would have wanted! It makes saying goodbye a little bit easier. And isn't it a great idea to think that someday you will be able to see Grandmo again...what a day that will be!! I look forward to that day myself...she sounds like such a great woman! We're thinking about y'all and praying for a a happy heart and the lump to be gone!
Glad tax season is over, and glad Grandmo's funeral was a celebration of life (and jewelry).
Case's comment is a classic... write that one down cause you would NEVER want to forget it!!
Love, Betsy
I am so glad that your life can get back to some sense of normal... Enjoy these days with your family....and make sure Jason takes care of himself...see you soon.....miss ya lots....steph
Here I sit with the tears again.
However....Case's comment made me laugh out loud! : )
Hope yall are all recovering and resting.
I laughed and I cried as I read your post... it was just perfect! You need to write a book someday... and be sure that Case is nearby to help you write it... I am thankful that your family were able to honor Grandmo with a celebbration of her full and wonderful life! And I am thankful that tax season is over and Jason is getting some much needed rest. When is it your turn to sleep in???
Oh sweet Amy....I love your stories so much. Each little one touches my heart. You are such a great mom...I know some day your children will look back at all the wonderful memories they have of you..
I am so happy that you now have a husband..lol..I know he is also glad to be finished with tax season....
Your Grandmo touched so many lives...She is now at peace...
oh your sweet family has been on my heart. i glad you guys had a special time remembered Grandmo.
Your kids are adorable and full of entertaining stories.
Enjoy your time with your wonderful husband....
Bless your heart. You have had lots of stress lately! Thinking about ya!
Paige
Post a Comment