Home About Me The Diagnosis HCM Facts My Favorite Posts Instagram Email Facebook Pinterest Image Map

October 15, 2007

Will work for food....

I had the pleasure of babysitting sweet Ava Grace last week. I snapped these pictures while she was here. The first one is a little bright. I need a new Rebel. Again, donations are accepted!! Anyway, the next three were a series of Kenna mauling her. She loves that baby!!




Fall is my favorite time to decorate. I have been wanting to go buy pumpkins and cornstalks for a month, but good ole Dave(Ramsey), or Davie, as I call him, takes over and the guilt sets in. My sweet little husband came home from work on Saturday and when I met him at the front door I found this!!! I was so happy! I love surprises! The kids were almost as excited as me. I am just about finished decorating, so I'll post a picture of the finished project later!My kids are about to start holding up a sign that says, "will work for food!" This weekend has been super busy and we have no food in the house. As in NONE. We have a few slices of bread and some peanut butter, but being that that's what they have been eating for 2 days, they think they will die if they ingest another ounce of PBJ!! Poor things. I REALLY need to find time today to go restock! I'm even drinking my coffee almost black with 2 sweet n lows because I poured the last tiny drop out of my Fat Free French Vanilla creamer this morning. Now that folks is a stiff drink!! So later, I will venture out to the beloved Super Wal-Mart for some food to fill my babies' tummies!

Kate is STILL feeling terrible. This makes day 4. I thought at first that she had some kind of viral infection. Fever was her main symptom and some coughing. But her fever has continued to spike and her coughing is getting worse. We called Dr. Uncle Craig last night and I have a prescription waiting for me at Wal-Mart. Walking pneumonia is going around here and he thinks she might have it. If she doesn't get any better, I 'll have to take her out to the clinic to get looked at. We just love Uncle Craig cause he's FREE!! LOL!

Please pray that this fever stops. She feels so bad.
We are out of school today and tomorrow for technology training and today is Jason's tax deadline. I'm hoping tomorrow we can spend the day together STRESS FREE!! And, fever free!
Have a great day!

11 comments:

Fun Family Fitness said...

I totally understand what you are going through. We were in the same way when it came to food...we didn't have any. With all of us sick...I hadn't had time. But this morning at 5:00 I made our trip to Walmart for GROCERIES and supplies.

I sure hope that Kate starts feeling better. As of right now, our family is feeling better....

I am ready to see your decor...This is my favorite time to decorate, too. I need to add some more pumpkins and cornstalks...

Have a great one...take care and YOU DON'T get sick

Betsy said...

I hope your Fall decorating turns out MUCH better that mine did! ha ha!! Curse those cows!!

Hope Kate is better AND that the rest of you don't get the bug... whatever it is. We have ALL had "the snots" for over week now (and that IS the correct medical term... ha ha!!)

Love ya'!
Betsy

Jessica said...

Hope Kate starts to feel better!

I love the fall decorations! My dogs would just eat anything we put out so I'll just live vicariously through you! ;)

Charla (SHar-la) said...

What a sweet husband you have! Girl, we need to hang out because Rich and I are on the Dave Ramsey budget, too. I HEART Dave Ramsey MOST of the time, but sometimes, when I want to buy things like...decorations, special dinner stuff, stamps...I want to ignore his wise ways.

Vanessa said...

I am just glad to know that we are not the only ones on Dave's plan.
We have been doing it for about 2 years-----I totally hated it at first, but once you take a look at what we have paid off----I am all for it! The kids and I call my husband "the Budget Nazi" because of it.....pretty funny.

Vanessa said...

I forgot this part........rice and beans/beans and rice........the best deal I have seen for now is the Wal Mart taquitos---a whole box for $3.50---make Mexican rice and a salad to go with it....We are getting sick of it, but are all managing!
Dave would be proud.

Anonymous said...

I sooo love reading your blog...it's like As the World Turns...Horton Style....I wish you would come decorate my yard!

Shelley said...

Miss Ava is so cute! Hope Kate is better today and you are getting the day off to spend as a family. The porch is really cute. I decorated mine last week before my fam came for the weekend and, like Betsy, the good ole horse had already chewed up one of my pumpkins. I was so MAD!...

Anne said...

Cute decorations! I am working on mine as the Dave Ramsey budget allows!

Here's my tip-o-the-week for those on the Dave plan...

Super Wal-Mart has a 10 lb bag of chicken (chicken quarters with the skin on) for a whopping $4.30! Yep, you read that right! 10 pounds of chicken for $4.30! I buy them and we grill about half of the bag, and I cook the other half and ziploc bag it to freeze for casseroles and chicken spaghetti and such! I know the bones and skin can be a pain, but it really doesn't take me long to pull the skin off, and it saves us SO MUCH MONEY on meat! :) (We get about 5 meals out of one bag, but there are only 4 of us!)

Happy Fall, Y'all!

Fun Family Fitness said...

Hey...what is this about DAVE who? I need to get us on a budget. Let me know what you think... Please help me...

How is Kate? Sonic Ice is what my family lived off of this past week...

Jessica said...

WHERE ARE YOU?! If you never post what am I supposed to do during the day while I'm stuck in my office. I mean, work isn't really an option! Post already!